Friday, June 11, 2010

Jessica and CC

I am overwhelmed at the amount of people that want to help us bring our cats to our new home. Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine this response when John approached me about doing an article about the effect of foreclosure on animals. I really thought people would read it, think "how sad" and continue with on with their daily lives.


You have not done that. You have shown compassion and love and I can't tell you how much that means to us. I have 2 girls, Melissa is 16 and Jessica is 13. This has been an incredibly hard year for my girls and I; the separation, having to move, Jessica's illness resulted in 6 hospital stays from November to April, she had surgery to place a permanent port under her skin for IV access in March, then having to leave the cats behind.

We have been going to the house daily to feed the cats, play with them etc. I didn't sneak them into the apartment because that would have added to my stress level - wondering when they would be found, what would I do if they did etc. With all the other stress in my life this one was something I could control.

I have placed a Paypal donation button on here for those of you who wanted to help - this is the easiest way I could think of to provide you with a way to donate.

Thank you - I don't know that we can ever express how much this means to us.

Noreen

9 comments:

  1. God Bless you and your family. I am so happy your family will stay together. And Jessica will
    now sleep well at night with her friend by her side.
    Vicky Tillman and family and all my cats too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what I would do without my pets. There is no way I could read this story and not act. Please keep updating this blog to let us know how the family is doing

    ~Jason A.~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was 12 when we had to give up all of our family pets due to my parents' divorce. We had to move out that DAY and had no time to get a place where we could keep our dog and two cats.
    My heart is still broken.
    Good luck to you and "pay it forward" when you get back on your feet again.

    Lita

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too could not imagine what my life would be without a pet. I am so glad that there are enough compasionate people out there willing to help. The girls have been thru quite an ordeal already and there really is no need to have the cat at another location when there are so many generous people out there willing to help.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. After having dogs for years, we recently adopted two cats and giving them up would be awful for us. I hope that with donations and support you will be able to keep your cats and enjoy your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We wish you and your family the very best....we have pets and know the how important they are to a family......most of all we wish Jessica "good health" and Melissa "to stay strong, as the older sister".....much love to you all, Pat & Howard

    ReplyDelete
  7. I called the reporter to see how we could help and he said you have enough $ for the security so we are donating to help with food or vet care as you need it. I can't imagine life without my "fur babies" and will sleep better tonight knowing yours are home safe and loved where they belong. Best of luck to you all.

    The Baker's and their furry kids

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now that this family is set, donate to a shelter
    or rescue group. Also there is a website,the animalrescuesite.com. go to the site and click on every day, and vote for your favorite shelter
    or rescue group to win $100,000.00. Tell your whole
    friends list and followers. It's a great place to
    be charitable!!
    I'm happy Jessica's story brought out the good in so many. Keep going, there are a lot in need
    now. PEACE

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, and the site has shopping,too!

    ReplyDelete